Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK, is recruiting for the position of Apprentice Supply Chain Operative L2. The Apprentice will support our distribution team with the acceptance, release, tracking, packing and supply of blood products and transfusion consumables to veterinary practices across the UK.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Maintain stock and storage facilities for all blood products held at Pet Blood Bank facility including temperature monitoring.
- Assist with incoming customer orders and enquiries on the phone once training has been carried out.
- Stock and distribution duties, ensuring all the tasks detailed below are carried out appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Carry out a full range of blood packaging techniques following procedures set down in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on whole blood and its components.
What we need
- We are looking for an individual that is meticulous and methodical and has excellent attention to detail to ensure that our customer orders are picked and packaged correctly every time, as the products we supply are time critical.
- The nature of our organisation means that the workload can be unpredictable and therefore busy at times so being proactive, organised and working to deadlines are important personal skills.
- As we are a small organisation, teamwork is vital and we would like an individual that is a supportive team player, with good communication skills and a friendly, professional approach to work.
- Some computer work will be required so confidence working with Microsoft and learning how to use new computer systems is important.
What’s in it for you
We will provide a supportive, rewarding apprenticeship for an individual looking to develop their skills and confidence as a supply chain operative in a unique, friendly environment.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Duration: 12-15 month Fixed Apprenticeship Term
Salary: apprenticeship wage
Probationary period: 6 months
Meetings: attend staff meetings during working hours
Training: complete our PBB Induction Training Programme as well as the formal apprenticeship log