Based in Loughborough, award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK (PBB), is recruiting for the newly created permanent post of Feline Project Leader to support the launch of their Feline blood banking service. Working closely with Feline Veterinary experts, the role holder will be responsible for creating and implementing a project plan to ensure the successful delivery of this exciting new service.
Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity of its kind that provides a canine blood bank service, helping to save the lives of many loyal companions across the UK. Like the human blood service, donation sessions are held across the UK for dog owners to bring along their pets to give blood. Now in its 11th year, the charity has over 10,000 canine donors registered and growing at an exponential rate as media attention increases.
What you’ll do
- Lead the feline donor project, working closely with the Managing Director and Clinical Director to support the successful project launch
- Develop Management Process Descriptions and Standard Operating Procedures for the new service, ensuring compliance with all relevant governing bodies (VMD, RCVS and Home Office)
- Work with the Clinical Director and Feline veterinary experts to develop blood donor criteria, welfare assessment protocol and health screening protocol
- Liaise and co-ordinate with PBB’s training department to produce the necessary feline training for PBBUK staff
- Work closely with the Donor team to build a feline database and set out criteria for feline donation host sessions
- Liaise with PBB teams to launch the feline products to PBBUK veterinary customers
What we need
We’re looking for someone with a veterinary background, likely an RVN with a feline qualification and excellent knowledge/experience of feline behaviour. Along with well-honed communication and organisational skills, you’ll be a skilled project manager with the ability to plan and deliver to agreed timescales and milestones.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A background in feline veterinary nursing – knowledge of blood transfusion/pet blood banking would also be desirable
- Strong IT skills with effective document and procedure writing skills (e.g. SOPs)
- The ability to self-motivate and effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A proactive, positive attitude is essential for this role as well as the flexibility to meet business demands including some travel
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards, 30 days annual holidays (pro rata, including bank holidays).
This role is full time, working 37.5 hours per week.
To apply or request a full job description, please send your CV and covering letter to Carolyn Hughes email@example.com
Square Peg HR is our recruitment partner for this role.