Part-time flexible role
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK (PBB), is recruiting for three Out of Hours Dispatch Assistants to create a new team dedicated to providing on call cover at nights and weekends for our distribution centre in Loughborough. You’ll be based at home but live within a 15-30 minute drive of our Loughborough premises, to ensure the timely dispatch of emergency blood products.
Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity of its kind that provides a canine blood bank service, helping to save the lives of many loyal companions across the UK. Like the human blood service, donation sessions are held across the UK for dog owners to bring along their pets to give blood. Now in its 11th year, the charity has over 10,000 canine donors registered and growing at an exponential rate as media attention increases.
What you’ll do
- Support veterinary customer requests for blood products outside of office hours
- Answer all calls and support communications received Out of Office Hours (OOH)
- Communicate with couriers and customers in relation to OOH deliveries
- Follow set procedures to identify, pack and dispatch products in a timely manner
- Record temperature of blood storage equipment and facilities as required
- Monitor and track delivery of blood products and consumables sent out by Pet Blood Bank UK
- Ensure packaging and distribution facilities are left clean, tidy and secure.
What we need
We’re looking for people with strong communication and customer care experience, excellent attention to detail and good computer skills. You might also have a background in distribution and/or packing as well as stock handling and rotation, but most important is the ability to learn quickly, follow standard operating procedures and self-motivate to ensure tasks are fully completed.
We’re looking for people who have:
- A full, clean driving licence and own vehicle
- Excellent telephone and customer care skills and experience
- The ability to self-motivate and direct, working alone with little supervision
- Strong IT skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards, 30 days annual holidays (pro rata, including bank holidays).
This role is part time, working approximately 90 nights (Monday to Friday) and 18 weekends per year. Weeknight shifts are 5.00pm to 9.00am and weekend hours are Sat 9am to Mon 9am .There will be a 3 week rolling pattern in place.
The OOH Dispatch Assistants will be paid a flat ‘retainer’ fee of £5k per annum, plus a call out fee of £20 before midnight/£40 after midnight. Based on previous call out numbers and assuming equal distribution of calls, Assistants could earn approx. £8k per annum.
Pet Blood Bank UK will supply you with a mobile phone to use for this role only.
To apply or request a full job description, please send your CV and covering letter to Carolyn Hughes email@example.com
Square Peg is our recruitment partner for this role.