Full-time, maternity cover until 31 December 2020, based in Loughborough
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK, is recruiting for the position of a full-time Processor and Distribution Assistant (maternity cover until 31 December 2020). This role will support the Lab and Distribution team, which is responsible for the processing, storage and distribution of all Pet Blood Bank’s blood products. The role will require a flexible working pattern covering 5 days between Sunday and Friday.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Perform a full range of blood processing techniques on whole blood from various species.
- Complete administration tasks related to processing, quality control, blood storage and stock management.
- Maintain stock and storage facilities for all blood products, including temperature monitoring.
- Maintain the laboratory and its equipment, including cleaning, calibration and servicing.
- Assist with customer orders, stock and distribution duties.
- Carry out a full range of blood packaging techniques on whole blood and its components.
- Ensure packaging and distribution facilities are always kept clean and tidy.
- On an emergency basis, take part in our on-call rota for product supply and distribution.
What we need
This is a key role within our Lab and Distribution team, which requires both the ability to work alone and as part of a team. The nature of the role means that flexibility is crucial as shift length may vary depending on volume of blood collected. We’re looking for someone who is:
- Happy working alone and able to manage time and tasks effectively.
- Has strong attention to detail and computer skills.
- Confident using Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in a laboratory or clinical environment.
- Organised, proactive and enthusiastic.
- Holds a full UK driving licence.
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary and a great team working environment.
The role is full-time, 37.5 hours, working flexibly over 5 days between Sunday and Friday. Working pattern will be discussed in more detail at interview. This is a maternity cover post until 31 December 2020.
For more information or to request a full job description, please email HR@petbloodbankuk.org.