Do you have strong phlebotomy skills and an interest in transfusion medicine? Are you passionate about providing excellent patient care, client care and customer service and making a difference to the lives of others?
Pet Blood Bank is now seeking a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse on a fixed contract basis from 9th January to 4th April 2019. You will perform blood collections from our canine donors following correct procedures and assist with donor care during clinical exam and donation. Full training is provided in respect to Pet Blood Bank SOPs.
Flexibility to work at various venues is also required: departing from our Loughborough based office, the collection team go to collection sessions at venues across the Midlands and beyond and a rota pattern of your set working days will be agreed in advance.
You will have responsibility of:
- Performing canine sample and whole blood unit collection ensuring owners of donors are fully aware of the blood donation procedure – it is key to provide a positive experience to your client.
- Assisting with donor care and blood screening working alongside the Veterinary Surgeon, Veterinary Nurse and Donor Assistants whilst on collection session.
- Liaising with all members of the team ensuring pre, during and post donation procedures are followed.
- If required following up communication on donor wellbeing, screening results to owners and their vet practices under the guidance of the PBB Veterinary Surgeon.
- Helping develop the charity as it extends its services.
- In addition to the collection sessions, there will be opportunities to attend veterinary events and pet owner events to promote and raise awareness of Pet Blood Bank. Overnight stays may be required with advance notice.
- Other requirements: full driving licence.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is a ground breaking and unique Not for Profit Organisation providing a canine blood bank service for all veterinary practitioners across the UK and is the only UK charity of its kind.
Our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Similar to the human blood service, dog owners kindly bring along their much loved canine companions to give blood at one of their many sessions across the country. The blood is then taken to our state of the art processing centre in Loughborough where it is separated into red blood cells and plasma products, and then stored ready for despatch.
For a full job description and/or to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com