Part-time – maternity cover
Based in Loughborough, Leicestershire
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK, is recruiting for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse on a fixed-term part-time basis as a maternity cover post. You will perform blood collections from our canine donors following correct procedures and assist with donor care during clinical exam and donation.
Flexibility to work at various venues is required: departing from our Loughborough based office, the collection team go to donation sessions at venues across the Midlands and beyond. A rota pattern of your set working days will be agreed in advance.
Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity of its kind that provides a canine blood bank service, helping to save the lives of many loyal companions across the UK. Like the human blood service, donation sessions are held across the UK for dog owners to bring along their pets to give blood. The charity has over 10,000 canine donors registered and is growing at an exponential rate.
What you’ll do
- Perform canine sample and whole blood unit collection ensuring owners of donors are fully aware of the blood donation procedure. It is key to provide a positive experience to your client
- Assist with donor care and blood screening working alongside the Veterinary Surgeon and Donor Assistants whilst at donation sessions
- Liaising with all members of the team ensuring pre, during and post donation procedures are followed
- If required, follow up communication on donor wellbeing and screening results to owners and their vet practices under the guidance of the PBB Veterinary Surgeons
- Helping develop the charity as it extends its services
We require an enthusiastic and flexible approach as in addition to the collection sessions there will be opportunities to attend veterinary and pet owner events to promote and raise awareness of PBB. Overnight stays may be required with advance notice.
What we need
- Strong phlebotomy skills and an interest in transfusion medicine
- A passion for providing excellent patient care, client care, and customer service
- A proactive, positive attitude
- Full driving licence
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards, and 30 days annual holidays (pro rata, including bank holidays).
To apply or to request a full job description, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org