Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK (PBB), is recruiting for the full time, permanent post of Session Co-ordinator. As the first point of contact for our donor owners, this role is critical to the success of the Charity.
Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity of its kind that provides a canine blood bank service, helping to save the lives of many loyal companions across the UK. Like the human blood service, donation sessions are held across the UK for dog owners to bring along their pets to give blood. Now in its 11th year, the charity has over 10,000 canine donors registered and growing at an exponential rate as media attention increases.
What you'll do
- Run a database search to identify appropriate dogs to attend the donation sessions
- Contact the owners to discuss their dogs and if appropriate book an appointment for them to attend their nearest session
- Ensure the dogs attending the session meet the blood donor criteria while maintaining a good mix of negative and positive breed type dogs to meet demand
- Build and maintain relationships with dog owners and PBB Session team
- Prepare and issue the necessary paperwork to both donor owners and session teams
What we need
We’re looking for someone with strong communication and organisational skills. Along with solid influencing skills, you’ll have the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to help build the donor database adding value to support business priorities.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A high level of drive and personal commitment
- The ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- A proactive, positive attitude is essential for this role as well as the flexibility to meet business demands
- An understanding of Pet Blood Bank strategic business priorities and the ability to contribute to business discussions would be beneficial
What's in it for you?
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards, 30 days annual holidays (including bank holidays).
This role is full time, working 37.5 hours between 11am and 7pm Monday to Thursday and 9am and 5pm on Friday. You will be required to participate in the on-call rota.
Please note that due to the on-call requirements of the service, we can only accept applications from those living within 30 - 40 minutes of Loughborough. A full UK Driving Licence is required.
To apply or request a full job description, please send your CV and covering letter to Carolyn Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org
Square Peg is our recruitment partner for this role.