Full-time permanent, based in Loughborough
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK (PBB), is recruiting for a Stock and Distribution Co-ordinator to join their busy office and clinical team based in Loughborough. This exciting opportunity is a key role for Pet Blood Bank UK, taking responsibility for building strong positive relationships with our veterinary customers and clinical teams alike.
Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity of its kind that provides a canine blood bank service, helping to save the lives of many loyal companions across the UK. Like the human blood service, donation sessions are held across the UK for dog owners to bring along their pets to give blood. Now in its 12th year, the charity has over 10,000 canine donors registered and growing at an exponential rate as media attention increases.
What you’ll do
- Work alongside Veterinary and Technical Product Advisor to process customer orders
- Arrange packaging, collection and delivery of all blood products using courier system
- Perform stock ordering and support stock control and dispatch of PBB items including stationery, consumables, blood products, uniforms, marketing and promotional materials
- Monitor and track delivery of blood products and consumables sent out by PBB
- Record temperature of storage equipment and facilities and ensure the packaging and distribution facilities are clean and tidy.
- Communicate with customers regarding delivery, providing an excellent service at all times
- Conduct other general office duties as required
- Support the out of hours service as required (holiday/sickness cover)
What we need
We’re looking for people with excellent communication and customer care experience, strong attention to detail and good computer skills. Ideally, you’ll also have a background in distribution and/or packing as well as knowledge of stock control and stock management. Working knowledge of the veterinary industry and specifically pet blood banking would be very desirable.
We’re looking for people who have;
- Excellent telephone and customer care skills and experience
- Understanding of the need to follow Standard Operating Procedures
- A strong team working ethos with the ability to multi-task
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Strong IT skills
What’s in it for you
In return we offer full training, competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards, 30 days annual holidays (including bank holidays).
This role is full time, 37.5 hours per week with a working pattern of 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
To apply or request a full job description, please send your CV and covering letter to Carolyn Hughes email@example.com
Square Peg is our recruitment partner for this role.