Part Time - 30 hours per week
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK (PBB), is recruiting for the part time, permanent post of Training and Induction Manager. Based in Loughborough, the role holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of core training and induction for both new and existing staff. This position is critical to the success of the Charity.
Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity of its kind that provides a canine blood bank service, helping to save the lives of many loyal companions across the UK. Like the human blood service, donation sessions are held across the UK for dog owners to bring along their pets to give blood. Now in its 11th year, the charity has over 10,000 canine donors registered and growing at an exponential rate as media attention increases.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Clinical Director and HR Administrator to ensure induction and training programmes comply with the Veterinary Medical Directorate (VMD) and other regulatory bodies
- Write and develop online and offline induction programmes, liaising with line managers to ensure delivery of practical training is carried out and recorded appropriately
- Line manage one direct report – Training Assistant
- Develop the Pet Blood Bank Staff Training Programme, ensuring all staff training records are kept up to date
- Work with the Managing Director to produce the annual educational strategy
- Develop external CPD programme for Pet Blood Bank UK
- Manage the external CPD programme as set out in the educational strategy, including coordinating delivery and attending events
What we need
We’re looking for someone with a veterinary background, likely an RVN, with strong communication and organisational skills. Along with solid influencing skills, you’ll have the ability to manage projects and work collaboratively to deliver the highest quality of training programmes and professional CPD.
We’re looking for someone who has;
- A background in developing and delivering veterinary CPD training programmes, possibly within an educational context
- Strong IT skills with the ability to develop webinars and online training programmes
- The ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- A proactive, positive attitude is essential for this role as well as the flexibility to meet business demands including travel
- An understanding of Pet Blood Bank strategic business priorities and the ability to contribute to business discussions would be beneficial
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards, 30 days annual holidays (pro rata, including bank holidays).
This role is part time, working 30 hours– hours may be spread across 4 or 5 days per week but can be discussed in more detail at interview.
To apply or request a full job description, please send your CV and covering letter to Carolyn Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org
Square Peg is our recruitment partner for this role.