Full-time - maternity cover, based in Loughborough
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK, is recruiting for maternity cover for the role of Veterinary and Technical Product Advisor to join their busy office in Loughborough. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the role holder will provide technical advice for blood products and consumables, supporting enquiries and orders from Pet Blood Bank veterinary customers.
Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity of its kind that provides a canine blood bank service, helping to save the lives of many loyal companions across the UK. Like the human blood service, donation sessions are held across the UK for dog owners to bring along their pets to give blood. Now in its 12th year, the charity has over 10,000 canine donors registered and is growing at an exponential rate as media attention increases.
What you’ll do
- Handle veterinary customer enquiries for blood products and consumables
- Provide technical advice with respect to queries
- Work closely with PBB’s veterinary advisors to ensure all clinical queries are processed appropriately
- Set up new veterinary customer accounts and validate customer information and credentials
- Work alongside the Stock and Distribution Team to support orders to dispatch point as per organisational Standard Operating Procedures
- Liaise closely with all internal PBB teams to identify areas of product demand and help increase the PBB customer base within the UK
- Support the out of hours service as required (holiday/sickness cover)
What we need
With a veterinary background and ideally previous knowledge of transfusion medicine, the successful candidate will likely be:
- a Registered Veterinary Nurse, with excellent telephone and customer care skills.
- a confident user of all Microsoft Office packages
- have excellent communication with great interpersonal skills
- proactive and enthusiastic approach and an aptitude for teamwork
- attentive to detail and organised in approach
- empathetic with the pet owning public.
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards, 30 days annual holidays (pro rata, including bank holidays).
This role is full time, working 37.5 hours per week. Working hours and pattern will be discussed in more detail at interview. The position also attracts 30 days’ annual leave (inclusive of public holidays).
For a full job description and/or to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Carolyn Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org
Square Peg is our recruitment partner for this role.