Part time, 25 hours | £24,250 (FTE)
Animal charity Pet Blood Bank UK is recruiting for the newly created position of Administrative Secretary to join our team based in Dunfermline. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Managing Director in a wide and varied range of tasks, helping Pet Blood Bank continue its pioneering work across the UK.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Assist the MD with a wide range of administrative tasks including HR, health and safety, and preparation and analysis of business reports.
- Collate expenses and make travel and accommodation arrangements for the MD and other staff.
- Carry out HR related activities and admin tasks using Pet Blood Bank’s HR system, BreatheHR.
- Ensure all charity documentation is up to date and securely filed in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Assist with minute taking and supply minutes to meeting attendees, including Board meetings.
- Other clerical and administrative duties as required.
What we need
We’re looking for someone with strong organisation skills and a real ‘can-do’ attitude who can manage their own time and workload without guidance. Flexibility is key to the role – it’s a new position so the successful candidate will have scope to work with the MD to shape what works best for you both. Confidentiality is a must: you will be working with HR and payroll information, and discretion is important. You might have a background in office administration, some HR experience would be beneficial, and an understanding of working in a small charity would be great too.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Word and Excel
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Proven ability to create and interrogate business reports
- Incredible attention to detail and the ability to anticipate the needs of others
- Presentation skills and the confidence to deal with people at all levels, both within and out with the organisation
- Excellent team working skills
What’s in it for you
In return we offer full training, competitive salary with pay progression, contributory pension scheme, lifestyle rewards and 30 days annual holidays (pro rata, including bank holidays).
This role is part time, working 25 hours per week ideally 5 hours per day over 5 days (mornings would be great) – specific working pattern can be discussed at interview.
Salary - £24,250 (FTE) We also offer pay progression based on length of service.
Before applying, please read our Guidance for Candidates. To apply, please download and complete our application form and email it to email@example.com if you have any questions about the position before applying, please email Carolyn to discuss.
Square Peg is our recruitment partner for this role.