We are looking for Donor Assistants to join our South West team! This covers sessions in Surrey, Bracknell, High Wycombe and the Winchester area.
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK, is recruiting non-contracted Donor Assistants to work at venues across the South Wes. As part of the collection team, this role involves working at donation sessions where lifesaving blood is collected from dogs. As a Donor Assistant, you are responsible for helping to run the session, including holding our donors while they give blood, running blood tests, assisting with paperwork, and ultimately making sure the donors have an enjoyable time.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
What you’ll do
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon and Veterinary Nurse with all donors to ensure health check, donation and post donation tasks are carried out
- Assist with paperwork and running blood tests
- Help to hold our donors during the donation process
- Assist with monitoring donors throughout the donation process
- Provide lots of treats and positive reinforcement to donors and ensuring owners are at ease and thanked for their time
What we need
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An excellent communicator with strong customer care skills
- A team player
- Experienced in animal care, ideally with a qualification, and have a love of working with dogs
- This is an ideal role for a Student/Newly Qualified Veterinary Nurse
- Organised and proactive
- Able to drive and access their own transport to venues. A number of our sessions are not accessible via public transport, so your own transport is essential.
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, hourly pay and mileage costs in line with our expenses policy.
For more information please email HR@petbloodbankuk.org and include “South West DA position” in the subject line.