Locations: Wellington/Bristol and Gloucester or Godalming, Surrey
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK, is recruiting Donor Assistants to work on an ad-hoc basis at venues across the South/South West. As part of the collection team, this role involves working at donation sessions where lifesaving blood is collected from dogs. As a Donor Assistant, you are responsible for helping to run the session, including holding our donors while they give blood, running blood tests, assisting with paperwork, and ultimately making sure the donors have an enjoyable time.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon and Veterinary Nurse with all donors to ensure health check, donation and post donation tasks are carried out.
- Assist with paperwork and running blood tests.
- Help to hold our donors during the donation process.
- Assist with monitoring donors throughout the donation process.
- Provide lots of treats and positive reinforcement to donors and ensuring owners are at ease and thanked for their time.
What we need
- An excellent communicator with strong customer care skills.
- Flexible, can-do team player.
- Organised and proactive.
- Availability on weekend days.
- Able to drive and access their own transport to venues. Several our sessions are not accessible via public transport, so your own transport is essential.
- Experienced in animal care, ideally with a qualification, and have a love of working with dogs.
- This is an ideal role for a Student/Newly Qualified Veterinary Nurse.
- To ensure you can complete the required training we may arrange for you to attend some sessions outside of the south west region, mileage allowance and accommodation will be organised where required.
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, hourly rates of pay, mileage allowance and a great team working environment.
For more information or to request a full job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete our application form and email it to email@example.com