Part-time 22.5 hours | £19,500 FTE
Animal charity Pet Blood Bank UK is recruiting for the position of Laboratory Processor to perform a full range of blood processing techniques on whole blood from various animal species. You will ensure all practical and administrative tasks relating to blood processing, quality control, blood storage, and stock management are completed.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Process whole blood from various species into packed red blood cells, fresh frozen plasma, frozen plasma, cryo-precipitate, cryo-supernatant, and platelets.
- Ensure all processing procedures are carried out including cleaning and monitoring processing equipment.
- Ensure products are labelled and stored correctly.
- Maintain the laboratory, laboratory equipment, and storage equipment.
- Ensure all blood screening, quarantine and release procedures, and Quality Control measures are followed.
What we need
The candidate must have great attention to detail, be a team player, and willing to learn new techniques. Laboratory experience would be beneficial, but this is not essential.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Confident, organised and proactive.
- Self-disciplined and have the ability to manage time and tasks effectively. This role will involve lone working on occasions.
- Enthusiastic and driven.
- Team orientated.
- Strong IT skills.
- On an emergency basis, take part in the on call rota for product supply and distribution.
- Be able to cover the days set out below and be willing to work extra shifts when they become available.
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, and a great team working environment.
22.5 hours a week over three days. Friday, Sunday, and alternating Monday or Wednesday (6am -2pm). Permanent contact. Paid extra shifts will be available to support the team as and when required.
For more information or to request a full job description, please contact email@example.com.