Nights and weekends cover | £5,250 retainer + call out fee of £23 (9am-11pm) or £46 (11pm-9am)
Animal charity Pet Blood Bank UK is recruiting for the position of Out of Hours Dispatch Assistant. Based from home, this role supports Pet Blood Bank outside of office hours with the dispatch of lifesaving blood products and consumables. You will identify, pack, and dispatch products in a timely manner for all orders during your shift, carrying out a full range of blood packaging techniques following procedures set down in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on whole blood and its components.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Support veterinary customer requests for blood products outside of office hours.
- Answer all calls and support communications received out of office Hours (OOH)
- Communicate with couriers and customers in relation to OOH deliveries
- Follow set procedures to identify, pack and dispatch products in a timely manner.
- Record temperature of blood storage equipment and facilities required.
- Monitor and track delivery of blood products and consumables sent out by Pet Blood Bank UK
- Ensure packaging and distribution facilities are left clean, tidy, and secure.
We are looking for someone with strong communication and customer care experience and excellent attention to detail. You might also have a background in distribution and or packing as well as stock handling and rotation. Most important is the ability to learn quickly, follow standard operating procedures, and be self motivated to fully complete tasks.
What we need
The candidate must have great attention to detail and be able to work independently.
- Full UK driving licence
- Telephone skills and experience
- Customer care experience
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary and a great team working environment.
This is an on call rota role which is split of approximately 90 nights (Mon – Fri) and 18 weekends per year. Additional shifts to cover holidays and sickness will be offered. This role is paid a retainer of £5,250 per year plus a call out fee for every dispatch.
For more information or to request a full job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.