Animal charity Pet Blood Bank UK is recruiting for the position of Out of Hours Dispatch Assistant to join our team dedicated to providing on call cover at nights and weekends for our distribution centre in Loughborough. You’ll be based at home but live within a 15-20 minute drive of our Loughborough premises, to ensure the timely dispatch of emergency blood products.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Support veterinary customer requests for blood products outside of office hours
- Answer all calls and support communications received out of office hours (OOH)
- Communicate with couriers and customers in relation to OOH deliveries
- Follow set procedures to identify, pack, and dispatch products in a timely manner
- Record temperature of blood storage equipment and facilities as required
- Monitor and track delivery of blood products and consumables sent out by Pet Blood Bank UK
- Ensure packaging and distribution facilities are left clean, tidy, and secure
What we need
We’re looking for people with strong communication and customer care experience, excellent attention to detail and good computer skills. You might also have a background in distribution and/or packing as well as stock handling and rotation, but most important is the ability to learn quickly, follow standard operating procedures, and self-motivate to ensure tasks are fully completed.
We’re looking for people who have:
- A full, clean driving licence and own vehicle
- Excellent telephone and customer care skills and experience
- The ability to self-motivate and direct, working alone with little supervision
- Strong IT skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary, and a great team working environment.
This role is part time, working approximately 90 nights (Monday to Friday) and 18 weekends per year. Weeknight shifts are 5pm to 9am and weekend hours are Saturday 9am to Monday 9am. There will be a 3 week rolling pattern in place.
The OOH Dispatch Assistants are paid a flat ‘retainer’ fee of £5k per annum, plus a call out fee of £22 before midnight/£44 after midnight. Based on previous call out numbers and assuming equal distribution of calls, assistants could earn approx. £8 - £10k per annum.
Pet Blood Bank UK will supply you with a mobile phone to use for this role only.
To apply or request a full job description, please contact Carolyn Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org
Square Peg is our recruitment partner for this role.