Full time, based in Loughborough
Award-winning animal charity, Pet Blood Bank UK, is recruiting for the position of Veterinary Customer Advisor. This role supports the building and strengthening of all relationships with our existing and new veterinary customers. You will also be responsible for providing technical advice on our blood products and consumables, as well as dealing with enquiries and orders.
Launched in 2007, Pet Blood Bank UK is the only charity that provides a blood bank service for all vets across the UK. As part of our charitable remit, our aim is to advance animal health and welfare and to relieve suffering by providing quick and convenient access to blood. Every unit of blood helps save up to four other lives, saving thousands of lives every year.
Caring. Pioneering. Real. These are the values Pet Blood Bank UK is built upon. Our values bind us together as a charity and guide everything we do. We expect every team member to know, understand and embody our values, helping to build our reputation as a pioneering, caring and practical charity. Read more about our values.
What you’ll do
- Build and strengthen customer relationships with all existing and new veterinary customers
- Grow the customer database and increase product usage among customers
- Provide technical advice on blood products and consumables
- Handle enquiries and orders from customers
- Undertake in blood processing as required
- Participate in our out of hours rota on an emergency basis
- Support the Laboratory and Distribution departments with day to day activities including packing blood for delivery, arranging deliveries, managing stock, and temperature monitoring
What we need
This role requires strong communication and relationship management skills. You should have excellent customer service abilities and experience in the medical or veterinary industry. We’re looking for someone who is:
- Qualified in customer relations or service
- Has experience of working in a medical or veterinary field. Blood banking or transfusion knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, particularly telephone manner.
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong organisational and planning abilities with excellent attention to detail
- Confident, proactive, enthusiastic, team orientated but equally comfortable working alone
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer full training, competitive salary and a great team working environment.
This role is full time, working 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility is required for covering processing or out of hours duties which fall outside or normal office hours.
For more information or to request a full job description, please Carolyn Hughes at email@example.com. Square Peg HR are our recruitment partners and supporting us with this vacancy.