As veterinary medicine develops, we believe that webinars are a valuable and important tool in helping educate the profession.
In line with our charitable aims, we will be producing a series of webinars for veterinary professionals which share our current knowledge of transfusion medicine and advancements within the field.
We have a series of free specialist evening webinars coming up in conjunction with The Webinar Vet:
- An Introduction to Feline Transfusion Medicine - Tuesday 21 April 2020 at 8pm
Upcoming Pet Blood Bank webinars:
- Diagnostic Approach and Management of Common Canine Coagulopathies
Date: Tuesday 12 May
Speaker: Monica Augusto DVM CertSAM DipECVIM-CA MRCVS, RCVS and European Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine, Lecturer in Small Animal Medicine - University College Dublin, Ireland.
In this webinar, Monica will cover the diagnostic approach to common canine coagulopathies seen in practice, what treatment options are available and when it would be appropriate to administer a blood product and what blood product can be considered.
After each webinar, we will release the recording on our CPD website so if you missed it at the time, you can still access the training.
We currently have the following webinars available:
- Canine Blood Transfusions – selecting the right donor, the right product and when and how to use the products - delivered by Kate Murphy, IDEXX Internal Medicine Consultant and European and RCVS Veterinary Specialist
- In this webinar, Kate takes a detailed look at the process of canine transfusions. It covers everything you need to know based on her considerable experience to support your clinical decision making when considering and administering blood products.
- Immune-mediated Haemolytic Anaemia: from diagnosis to management - delivered by Craig Breheny, Lecturer in Emergency and Critical Care Medicine at Edinburgh University Dick Vet
- In this webinar, Craig takes a detailed look at the common presentation of Immune-mediated Haemolytic Anaemia, discussing diagnostics and management.
- The Registered Veterinary Nurse’s Role in Transfusion Medicine - delivered by Charlotte Fennell, Veterinary Nurse at Southfields Veterinary Specialists
- In this webinar, Charlotte discusses the RVN’s role in blood transfusions; from collection and storage to preparation, administration and the monitoring process.
- Transfusion Medicine: where have we come in the last 10 years - delivered by Amanda Boag, Clinical Director of Vets Now
- In this webinar, Amanda will discuss the advancement of transfusion medicine including literature and surrounding research in the field and how they may impact on the care of our patients.
- Camelid Plasma Webinar - delivered by Claire Whitehead, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Camelid Health and Production, and Jenny Walton, Veterinary Supervisor at Pet Blood Bank UK
- In this webinar, Claire and Jenny provide support and education to veterinary professionals on the safe and effective way to collect and use camelid blood.
- Canine Plasma Webinar series - presented by Jenny Walton, Veterinary Supervisor at Pet Blood Bank UK
- This webinar offers practical advice and guidance on plasma, indications for use, storage and administration and explains why each practice should have at least one bag of FP in their freezer.
Access our learning platform by clicking Here
If you have any suggestions for future webinars that you would like to see from PBB, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.