We are dedicated to supplying the highest quality blood products, all of which have been donated by our community of donors across the UK. Where possible, and research evidence exists to support it, our practices are evidence-based.
Quality assurance starts with the selection of our donors. As set out by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, and in line with our commitment to welfare, all our donors must meet certain criteria to donate.
In addition to our donor criteria, we ensure quality through the following measures:
- All donors are microchipped or tattooed for traceability
- All donors are blood typed
- Full haematology and biochemistry screening are undertaken annually for every donor
- 1 in 100 donors are selected for infectious disease screening
- 1 in 100 products undergo microbiology screening
- All donors are fully examined on the day of donation and approved to donate by a veterinary surgeon
Our rigorous screening and commitment to welfare enables us to produce products that are safe and of the highest quality. By using only UK based donors, we reduce the risk of any blood borne disease transmission. Any data we generate is used for research to further benefit the UK pet population.